Sunday, May 29, 2011

My opinion on Chicharito has changed


While he still looks like a chihuahua or a rodent of sorts, due to the fact that his eyes are just way to close to each other, this interview has changed my opinion on the man quite a bit. While I for some reason thought that the kid seems somewhat arrogant, the interview portraits quite the opposite. It seems Chicha (which means little pea btw, in case you cared) is quite a humble fella who wants to do anything in his power to be successful with united. When asked about comparing himself with Messi, he calls himself a "simple footballer" begs the question if "simple footballers" like us are worth their paycheck but that of course is a whole new topic. But for now I take my hat off to the man, definitely rose up in my books, and might be a beer buddy soon.

here is the original interview:

[W]hen he was asked if he aspired to the status of the Argentinian double Ballon d'Or winner, Hernandez was quick to play down his achievements.

"No. I am a player of this great team," he said.

"What obsesses me is sweating this shirt to death, and I will never stop running.

"I don't aspire to be like Messi. I'm just a simple footballer."

"I'm not obsessed with goals. The goals are the result of the work of the whole team. The forwards only have the good fortune to score them. In a team like ours, even Edwin (van der Sar) can claim the goals."

No comments:

Post a Comment